6.10.08

Fabric of Life



As I weave my fabric of relationships
I lose so many threads
The pattern seems so clear today
Only to be lost in the mists of time
I walk on the same road for a while
But soon we drift inexorably apart
I wonder where all those friends are
Where did their journeys take them
Sometimes I pick up a loose thread
Hoping I can still make a connection
I hope our paths will cross again
And we can walk hand in hand again
Who knows where life may have led me
I have walked but one of many paths
I think of all the conversations unfinished
And of all the paths left unexplored
But then I realize my folly
I am not the weaver but a thread
And a thread can never see the design
As the weaver unfolds the fabric of creation
He chooses what threads to use
If we could rise above we would know
There are no loose threads and no friends to lose
So I embrace the fabric of my relationships
They are a gift from the weaver of life


source

No comments: