5.5.08

Word Art (2)

I was dreaming and I knew, because it happens so little, and in my dream I stood alone with my feet in the sand. The beach was warm from the sun and I began to walk along the shore toward a place where no one ever looked for me. As I journeyed farther away I felt the welcome of each step. The sand made each footstep soft and gentle. The wind blew and the waves crashed but they were not fierce and only added to the beauty of the scene. The sun began to fade away and slip behind the horizon but the minutes ticked by slowly. I stood and felt the sun on my skin. The water from a crashing wave washed up the shore line and drenched the sand before me. Such calmness and solitude. I never want to leave this place, I thought to myself. I sat down along the shore and decided to watch the sun disappear and bring forth the night. My feet were once again buried in the sand and the smell of salt water saturated my senses. I will always find peace in the smell of the sea. Slowly, and surely the sun began to set. But instead of the sky getting dark with each passing second it grew brighter. With confusion I stood up and wondered why. Then the sounds of my beloved ocean evaporated and were replaced by the droning sounds of my clock radio. It was just a dream, I sighed. But even still, I shut my eyes and tried to dream a little while longer.

Christina Lynn Morrell

No comments: